Are you visiting Playa Blanca / Barra de Potosí / Zihuatanejo for a few weeks? A few months? Or maybe you recently moved here?
There are so many fun things to do in this area, for sure…but maybe you are looking for something both fun and rewarding to while you’re in the area?
If so, we have just the thing for you! We are currently seeking volunteers for all kinds of tasks and activities. Speaking Spanish is a plus BUT it is not required to be a Campamento Tortuguero Ayotlcalli volunteer.
Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Evening releases. Interact with guests, help with the baby turtles on the beach.
- Night Patrol. Learn and help with finding nests on the beach and then relocating them to our corral with our night patrol team.
- Nest monitoring. Monitor of our hatchery, collecting baby turtles to keep them safe!
- Zihuatanejo Eco-Tianguis Market. Help at our table on Saturday mornings at the Eco-Tianguis in Zihuatanejo.
- Arts/Crafts – For our artistic friends, we always have signs to make and touch up, and crafts to be made to sell in our store.
- Writing/Grants/Marketing – our writer friends, we can use help with blog writing, grant requests, marketing, and more.
- Special events. From time to time we have special events like concerts, or school group visits which require some additional volunteer help.
Please email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering.