1. Night Patrols for Turtle Nests – Come and experience an unforgettable night (or nights!) of adventure at Playa Blanca, one of many beautiful beaches in the area. With an experienced guide, learn how to find turtle nests and relocate the eggs. You might even get lucky and see a sea turtle laying eggs!
3. Summer Camps – School age children participate in engaging hands-on activities like arts & crafts, foreign language learning, movement, and nutrition. They will learn about values and conservation surrounded by a beautiful environment.
4. School visits – Teachers and caregivers are welcome to schedule field trips for an educational and fun day.
5. Symposiums – Campamento Tortuguero Ayotlcalli (CTA) participates in national and international symposiums as a presenter in order to share data and stay updated on new research and discoveries.
6. Other endeavors – These include craft making to raise funds at the local “Eco-Tianguis” Vegan Market on Saturday and educational activities at the camp. Whether you’re here for an hour or a week, Ayotlcalli welcomes you to learn about marine turtles and help conserve these species for a more beautiful tomorrow. Occasionally, we have special fundraising events! For example, in October 2017, Mexicarte performed at a concert called “Armonias del Mundo” in Metepec, Mexico, and part of the proceeds benefitted us.